[KS] Re: Korean newspaper clippings

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Wed Jul 15 16:51:57 EDT 1998

I agree too, I really enjoy reading this list, and I really appreciated the
input, but I would have been happier with the links, now I felt compelled
to read it all. It took a lot of time, while if it was just one mail with a
short summery and the links I could have forwarded it to my office and read
it over there in my spare time or just delete it, over information tends to
force the receiver to use the filters or delete button to get rid of the
overload.

Actually I would be happy to hear if somebody disagrees.

Henny

>I agree.  There is so much interesting content available that it is very
>tempting to post it to inform others about one's discovery. As a moderator
>for a professional organization's newsgroup I encounter this all the time.
>
>However, we should really excercise self-restraint to just posting
>summaries, with comments and contact information for people who are
>interested to follow-up.  Otherwise, members of this newsgroup will become
>so flooded with information that they will be prompted to unsubscribe.
>
>On the reveicer's end of this, many email programs now support filters,
>which can be used to automatically route email into folders.  For example, I
>have a filter which looks for email addressed to
>"korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk" and then routes it all to a "korean-studies"
>folder I set up.
>
>--Matthew Benuska
>

>>Dear list,
>>it's not that I would mind to be given hints at interesting korean
>>newspaper articles, but too much is too much. This morning I found
>>_eight_ complete articles in my in-box. I'd rather be given a _short_
>>notice on the content of an article, and the URL where it can be found,
>>than the article itself.
>>Please consider whether this type of information could be handled in a
>>content+URL manner.
>>Thanks,
>>Peter

-------

Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)

Feel free to visit
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/index2.htm
and you can feel the thrill about the adventures of Hamel in Korea (1653-1666)