[KS] A wrong way: The current operation to kill the EUC-KR charset

Jun-Yong Hoh jhoh at gwdg.de
Wed Jul 1 17:46:23 EDT 1998

Dear List !

In cooperation with the NCA (National Computerization Agency), the MIC
(Ministry of Information and Communication) of Korea has recently made a
rule to control the Hangul messages on internet.

I can hardly accept this new "rule" , because the new "rule" and the
international standards do not match well.

I'd like to use the so called EUC-KR, which is now acknowledged de facto
as a standard of korean charset
(character set) everywhere in the world.

We can not give up current standard to communicate just in favour of
some working groups or some
commercial companies ( e.g.  microsoft ).

Dear list members, do you really agree with this new "rule" on this
matter?

If you want to know the debating full story, please visit  this
following site and read the "both sides of story" ! :-)

----------> http://matilda.hanyang.ac.kr/charset/index.shtml