[KS] Dharani Sutra

Keith Pratt Keith.Pratt at durham.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 11:32:28 EST 1999

Dear List
On 30 October Korea Newsreview reported a seminar held at Yonsei Korean
Studies Research Institute (19-20 October) at which the provenance of the
?751 AD Dharani Sutra text, found in 1966 at Pulguksa, was debated by
Korean, Chinese and Japanese experts. One of the points they discussed
concerned eight Chinese characters and whether they would have been used
in a text printed in either China or Korea at that time.
Can anyone tell me, please, where I might find a more detailed report (in
English, Korean or Chinese)
that identifies the eight characters? Or ideally (and to help save time),
if anyone can give me a reference to  the  numbers of the characters in,
say, Matthews Chinese-English Dictionary, that would be
even better!
Thanks in advance,
Keith Pratt
University of Durham