[KS] is this better?

Jay Lewis jay.lewis at oriental-institute.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Feb 19 04:24:13 EST 1999

Prof. Peterson kindly reformatted his message from HTML and posted it to
me, but I assume that others on the mailbase may want to see it, and so I
forward it below.

Jay Lewis

Korean Studies actvities at the AAS meetings in Boston, March 11-14.

with apologies to those on the list who are not AAS members

	You've received word already on the special reception at the Harvard
Faculty Club to which all Koreanists are invited:

The Korea Institute of Harvard University will be hosting

a welcoming reception for all Koreanists attending the

Boston AAS Conference. The reception will be held on

Friday, March 12, 1999 from 7:00 - 10:00 PM.

	This will require a little bit of subway and/or taxi effort, but worth
it to enjoy the setting at Harvard.  And thanks to Carter Eckert, Milan
Hejtmanek, and the Korea Institute for volunteering to host us.

	On Saturday evening, I don't have the details in front of me, but I
think it is in the 7:00 pm slot, the Korean Political Science
Association with host an extra session on the current situation in
Korea.  The Ambassador, Lee Hong Koo, will be a special guest and
participant at that session.

	Finally, on Saturday evening at 9:00, we will have our annual CKS
business meeting, in the Harvard Room (how appropriate) at the hotel.
Let me encourage all members to attend.  We have spotty attendance at
times, but there are important items of business that touch all of our
careers.  There is one item on the agenda from an outside funding
source that I would like to share with many of you before we get to
Boston, but I don't want to include it on this mailing since about
2/3rds of those on this list are not AAS members.  Therefore,....

	If you are an AAS member, and would like to participate in the
meeting, either by previewing the agenda in advance of your attendance
by email (a later mailing I will provide), or by email "virtual"
attendance, drop me an email:  (cut and paste one of the following --
use the reply option and thereby "spam" the list):
<underline>either</underline>  Mark_Peterson at email.edu
<underline>OR</underline>  map3 at email.byu.edu

	I will put together an email list of interested CKS members based on
your responses and send out an agenda prior to the meeting.

with best regards, (and again apologies to those on the list who are
not involved)

Mark Peterson