[KS] Re: Su Gi (flag)

Thomas Duvernay goongdo at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 05:55:40 EDT 2000

There are other items that need to be looked at regarding the proposed
petition.  One being, to whom should it be addressed?  In my opinion, it
would have to be a national figure or group (i.e. president, congressman,
committee); if a congressman, I think it should be the chair of a related
committee (i.e. Senate Armed Services Committee, etc.).

Another item being, what should be the duration of the petition?  As this is
an election year, I think it should finish early enough to catch the
attention of Members of Congress who are up for re-election (in November).
We need it to circulate long enough to get signatures, but end it early
enough to get results.

I really appreciate all of the support I have been receiving from list
members regarding the return of the flag.  I've been one voice the past few
years; now, with a larger voice, I can see the proverbial 'light at the end
of the tunnel' (even if it is still faint and distant).

Thomas