[KS] Another NK cinema question:

Jim Hoare jim at jhoare10.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 13:37:57 EST 2003

Others will be better qualified to provide a detailed answer, but from
conversations at the film studios, plus photographs on display, my
impression was that Kim Jong Il had some imput into virtually every major
film produced at the Pyongyang film studios from the mid-1960s until the
mid-1990s. If the number of 'on the spot guidance' notices were to be
believed, he wa sometimes making several visits a day. The film catalogues
themselves make no mention of this, however.

Jim Hoare