[KS] Korea Peace Day

Johnfeffer at aol.com Johnfeffer at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 08:38:55 EDT 2003

Dear Korea scholars:

The threat of war remains on the Korean peninsula.  This November 6, the
Alliance of Scholars Concerned about Korea (ASCK) will be sponsoring Korea Peace
Day on campuses around the world to emphasize the importance of a peaceful
resolution of the current conflict.

Many campuses are already participating, including Arizona State University,
Columbia University, Cornell University, George Washington University, Lewis
and Clark College, UCLA, the University of Michigan, the University of
Washington, the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and Vassar College.  Several
campuses in the UK, Australia, and South Korea are also planning to participate.

In order for Korea Peace Day to have the greatest possible effect, we are
urging our colleagues to sponsor events on as many campuses as possible.  Please
consider holding a teach-in, panel discussion, film presentation, or informal
discussion group on the topic of the current crisis on the Korean peninsula.
To help organizers, we will be providing web-based resources such as a
bibliography, a list of useful film resources and websites, and a list upon request
of potential speakers in your area.

Please visit the Korea Peace Day page on our website at www.asck.org.  To add
your campus to the growing list of participating institutions, send us an
email at peaceday at asck.org.

Sincerely,

Steering Committee of ASCK

Nancy Abelmann