[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

Matthew Benuska nuski at verizon.net
Wed Aug 9 00:23:45 EDT 2006

Hello Don,

Thank you for the unfortunate news. Do you know where we might send our well
wishes?

The materials he had us read for his undergraduate Korean history classes
were incredible, both in terms of their detail, as well as their quantity.
I've still got six phonebook-sized volumes as a reminder.  I really enjoyed
the classroom discussions he moderated.  Even though he must have been over
those same articles innumerable times before, he approached them in the
classroom as if they were new, and as if there was something additional to
be discovered from discussing conflicting accounts and interpretations of
the same events. It really was a pleasure and a privilidge to learn from
him.

If there is interest, we could probably get a memorial passed during the
next state legislative session in the Spring, for what it's worth.

Best Regards,
Matthew Benuska
Korean American Historical Society
http://www.kahs.org/