[KS] soft-masculinity and cross-dressing in Korean context

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Thu Jul 30 20:50:50 EDT 2009

I was struck by an account of "grass-eaters / herbivores" -- effete young men in today's Japan -- in the Independent newspaper last month, readable at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japans-generation-xx-1704155.html  and it is striking that Korea is once again so similar to Japan in its social shifts. May be in some of China's big cities there might be something similar? I would have thought that cross-dressing would be a totally different topic, sociologically and psychologically, but this article ends with references to it. I was intrigued to learn of the Angel's Knee Pillow, of which I had not heard.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul
http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/