[KS] Korean Studies Education -online views

Witteveen GP sjmi_y at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 19:53:05 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Seeing the list of links at the foot of Henny's recent posting reminds me to share the materials I have gathered and produced online as a result of the study-tour organized by the Korea Society each year and with support from the Academy of Korean Studies. These images, audio files and movie clips will most likely suit newcomers like myself to the world of things Korean, including language learners. I would love to see similar online sources that other readers of this group find valuable, particularly to people who are just beginning to learn all the people, places and things that comprise Cultural Literacy of Korea.

Two specific links are:

1. The late 16th century Japanese base just south of Ulsan in Seonsaeng, http://picasaweb.google.com/eastasia108/Imjin1592fort

and

2. The googlemap with study-tour panoramic views pinned to each location,
http://tinyurl.com/3yjjbq

To browse all of the materials together, go to http://koreanstudies08.googlepages.com/ksf2008

>From Sapporo,

Guven Peter Witteveen