[KS] Journal of Korean Studies Special Issue

Jesook Song jesook.song at utoronto.ca
Sun Apr 25 22:32:30 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am excited to send out below call for papers on behalf of Journal of Korean Studies. I do hope this interests many ethnographers in the field of Korean Studies.

All the best,

Jesook Song
Associate Professor
Department of East Asian Studies
University of Toronto

Call for Papers on “The Ethnography of Contemporary Korea” Due January 11, 2011

We invite innovative ethnographic studies of recent Korean society, politics, and culture as a special issue of the Journal of Korean Studies. Nancy Abelmann and Jesook Song, guest editors, are interested in interpretively rich and rigorous manuscripts that shed light on cultural and socio-economic dynamics in the Koreas in recent years. Original perspectives and critical approaches to contemporary theoretical and conceptual conversations will be highly valued.

We welcome submissions from a wide spectrum of disciplines that employ ethnographic methods and writing practices, including anthropology, Asian and area studies, communication and media studies, diasporic and transnational studies, education, history, literature, sociology, political studies, and women, gender, and sexuality studies, etc.

Please review the submission procedures before submitting your paper at http://jsis.washington.edu/korea/jks/submissionguidelines.shtml

You are welcome to inquire with guest editors Abelmann and Song at nabelman at illinois.edu and jesook.song at utoronto.ca