[KS] Fw: Fw: Fw: CHART needed: North Korean transcription system

will pore willpore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:48:53 EDT 2010

It's a very good point that Aiden Foster-Carter makes. It calls to mind my
long privately held view that it is South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong that
are severely romanization challenged.  I can't completely agree that the
North Koreans got it right, but the PRC's 'ping-yin' system, Vietnam's 'quoc
ngu,' and Japan's current system make one wonder both at the relative
complexity of Korean romanization and how smoothly the other systems work.

Will Pore

--
William F. Pore
Associate Professor