[KS] Post-graduate course in Korean Literary Translation

Charles La Shure clashure at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:50:08 EDT 2012

Raoul,

Hankuk University of Foreign Studies' Graduate School of Interpretation and
Translation (where I teach) has a translation major at the MA level. It is
not entirely literary translation, but students may take three semesters of
literary translation, either Korean-English or English-Korean. Since the
inception of this major program last year, I have been teaching the K-E
literary translation courses--we have covered contemporary narrative
fiction (short stories), colonial period novels, and "non-novel" genres
such as essays, drama, and poetry.

Ehwa Woman's University's Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation
also has a translation major. Again, it is a general translation major, and
to the best of my knowledge they offer two semesters of literary
translation.

I would recommend HUFS GSIT, although I may be a bit biased.

-Charles La Shure