[KS] Duke event w/ North Korean student refugees 2/15

Cheehyung Kim cheehyungkim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:43:51 EST 2013

Dear KS colleagues,

Those of you in the US Carolinas region may find the following event
interesting. Please email me with any inquiries. Thank you.

Cheehyung Kim
ACLS New Faculty Fellow
Asian and Middle Eastern Studies / History
Duke University
-------------------------------------

Duke Amnesty International and Duke Vision for North Korea present

An Insider's View on North Korea: A Talk with Two Student Refugees

6:30pm, Friday, February 15, 2013
Schiciano Auditorium at the Fitzpatrick Center, Duke University

North Korea is one of the least understood places in the world, and
its government is perceived to be a major threat in East Asian
security due to its possession of nuclear arms. The people of North
Korea face great difficulties in human rights, food attainment, and
basic freedoms that we take for granted. Two student refugees (ages 19
and 21) will be speaking at Duke University about their experiences
living and escaping North Korea, as well as their hopes for the future
in South Korea. The event will be followed by a short reception with
refreshments, where attendees can speak with them.