[KS] Director of Institute for Korean Studies (job posting)

Hae-Sung Jeon HJeon1 at uclan.ac.uk
Mon Jun 3 09:45:17 EDT 2013

Dear list members,

University of Central Lancashire is planning launch the Institute for Korean Studies and recruiting its director. I don't think this job posting has been widely circulated --

For more information, please see:
https://recruitment.uclan.ac.uk/

*******

Job reference: REQ000667
Application closing date: 16/06/2013
Salary: Management Contract

Job description

Director of Institute for Korean Studies (Professor)

UCLan is a well-established university with nearly 200 years experience of delivering high quality tertiary education; our focus is on research-informed teaching and a superlative student experience. The School of Language, Literature and International Studies (SoLLIS) is thriving, with an expanding provision at undergraduate and postgraduate level, delivering courses in the UK, Asia and Europe as well as receiving a significant number of international students into the School annually. Our submission into RAE2008 was strong and we are now looking to repeat that success and build on it for REF2014 and beyond.

The School wishes to appoint a Professor to act as the Director of the School's forthcoming institute, IKSU, which will focus on a range of issues which are of strategic importance to the School: research, postgraduate teaching and doctoral work; bringing Korean studies together with other disciplines within the University to enhance existing courses and explore new possibilities; further enhancing the international portfolio and staff/student mobility.

We are seeking applicants who have significant experience relevant to internationally excellent research in Korean Studies, have a world-leading research and public engagement profile and have experience of teaching and supervising in higher education.

The post will attract a Professorial title.

To find out more about the University of Central Lancashire and this post, visit http://www.uclan.ac.uk/information/services/work. Please quote the reference number on all communications.

Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This is based in Preston.

School/Service: School of Language, Literature & International Studies

Hours: Full Time (1.0 FTE)

Basis: Fixed Term Contract for 3 years due to funding

Interview Date: To be Confirmed

Further Information: Director of Institute for Korean Studies (Professor)<https://recruitment.uclan.ac.uk/itrentlive_webrecruitment/jobs/REQ000667.pdf>

Dr Hae-Sung Jeon
Associate Lecturer
School of Language, Literature and International Studies
University of Central Lancashire
Fylde Building
Preston PR1 2HE
United Kingdom