[KS] Korea during WWII

Bill Streifer photografr7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 16:50:52 EDT 2013

I am very familiar with B-29 military targets in Japan during WWII, but for some reason Korean industry is not on that list. Yes, the ports were mined to prevent war materials from reaching Japan, but Wonsan, Pyongyang, Seoul and Hungnam were never bombed, not even once.

American B-29 "experts" have offered several explanations, but I found them all to be inadequate. My thought is that Syngman Rhee struck some sort of deal with President Roosevelt? Does anyone have another explanation?

Bill Streifer