[KS] Querry: good translation for pun 分 (size of logographs)

Jim Thomas jimpthomas at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 09:13:46 EDT 2013

Sorry Folks,
As best I can tell, there are at least four different equivalents given for 1 寸
1 寸 = 3.71475 cm
1 寸 = 3.03 cm
1 寸 - 3.3 cm
with the contemporary measure being 3.33333...cm
six tenths of each of the first three would be
2.22885 cm
1.818 cm
1.98 cm, respectively
My calculation in points should have read 1.463" x 72 = 105.336 x 6 / 10 = 63.2 points
And the first line should have read "mathematically."
best,
jim