[KS] A Physicist Defector's Account of North Korea's Nuke Labs

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Wed May 1 09:57:26 EDT 2013

Hi !

Well, The People's Google pretty much tells us where it was published
in under 0.8 seconds--might be faster in Korea though, with it
wonderful fiber-optic communication network.

That text was first published at RENK's website. RENK is the "Rescue
the North Korean People!" group/coalition in Japan (also known under
Rescue the North Korean People Urgent Action Network), in the mid-2000s
the most active of the Japanese NGOs doing work on human rights issues
in North Korea. I think Yi Yŏng-hwa 李英和 was their long-time
director, very intense personality, met him once in Beijing many years
ago.
In 2002 RENK's website was at bekkoame.ne.jp, which, if I recall that
right, was something like the Japanese version of what Geocities was in
the U.S. So, that site is down, but … it is of course archived; here
is a 2002 view of it:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021015133355/http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/ro/renk/
And you can even go to the ENGLISH and KOREAN versions there. All the
bad and ugly things archived forever. Tremendous resources for
voyeurists.
You find the link to the report you are looking for in the center of
above listed page (with red frame). Seems to have been published there
on Sept. 16, 2002 (but that date is only from another page referring to
it).

Frank