[KS] Job opening: UC Berkeley Center for Korean Studies Program Director

Laura C. Nelson lcnelson at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 19 16:18:32 EST 2014

The Center for Korean Studies (CKS) at Berkeley has a opening for a Program
Director.  The program director (in consultation with the Center Chair and
associated faculty, as well as staff of the Institute for East Asian
Studies) helps keep all aspects of CKS running smoothly throughout the
year.  Among other activities, CKS offers numerous colloquia, talks, and
conferences; occasional performances; supports Berkeley scholarship on
Korean topics; hosts visiting scholars; and administers grants. Ideally,
the program director would have strong Korean and English language skills,
and would be both well-organized and and have good interpersonal skills.
While this is not an academic position, we are certainly hoping for someone
with a real interest in the Korea-focused scholarship.

We will begin reviewing applications in early January.  If you are
interested, please view the job announcement at

https://hrw-vip-prod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/JOBSPROD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=19083&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1

and follow the application procedures outlined there.  If the link doesn't
work, search for the job by date of posting (12/18), job number (19083),
and title: Program Director, Center for Korean Studies (4168U) #19083

You are also welcome to contact me with questions about the Center and its
activities, if you have any.  I'm the current Chair of CKS at Berkeley.  My
email is lcnelson at berkeley.edu

Sincerely,

Laura

Laura C. Nelson
Chair, Center for Korean Studies
Associate Professor, Gender and Women's Studies
University of California, Berkeley