[KS] "Petition; "Make U.S. high school curriculums more inclusive of Japanese War Crimes during WW II"

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Sat Feb 8 00:03:01 EST 2014

I know and have known many people who were in an Indonesian
(Japanese) concentration camp, some family members, some friends,
some who spent their youth there.

Each and every one of them told me that they hated the Koreans more
than the Japanese, the Korean camp guards were more cruel than the
Japanese. I knew one couple, he, Dutch spent the war in an Indonesian
concentration camp, she, Jewish, spent the last part of the war in a
German concentration camp. They both stated that the Japanese camps
were more brutal.

At 02:34 PM 2/7/2014 Friday +0100, you wrote:

>Dear Bill Streifer,
>
>A woman who spent her childhood in an Indonesian concentration camp
>managed by Japanese told me that the workers of the camp (not the
>prisoners, in this case) were Koreans. The manager of the camp was Japanese.
>
>As I learned at my Jewish Orthodox school in Gush Ezion, Israel, the
>Nazist treatment of Jews included complex relationship with the
>Jewish leadership. There was this famous case of one of Jewish
>ghettos in Europe, where the leader of Jewish community first
>supplied to Nazis goods made at the ghetto factory, then labor
>force, then a certain number of people, then children. The rest of
>the ghetto people included the leaders were killed by Nazist just a
>few weeks before liberation.
>
>My specialization is 'technologies of self'. Technologies of self
>includes how to build a person, and how to break a person. Nazist,
>communist and similar regimes have a particular set of skills and
>techniques, that include moral/spiritual demoralization, humiliation
>and elimination. You can apply these techniques to a person, and
>also to a nation.

                  _   _
                 (o) (o)
      oOOO----(_)----OOOo---
Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Feel free
to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos Article about Witsen
and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in English) Korea
through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures