[KS] formal question (which version of Chinese characters?)

Andrew zatouichi at gmail.com
Fri May 22 12:35:32 EDT 2015

Dear Frank,

I claim no expertise on this topic, but just to offer an opinion: unless
making a political statement, I'd have thought it's always best to
reproduce whatever has been used in the original publication.

Although obviously closely related, traditional, Simplified and Japanese
kanji are now - synchronically speaking - independent scripts used to
represent different languages. (Anecdotally, when I very briefly worked at
a Japanese company, they complained when I typed Japanese 青い with Korean 靑
as they didn't regarded it to be the same).

sincerely
Andrew