[KS] unicode

Charles Muller acmuller at l.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat May 30 04:30:35 EDT 2015

On 2015/05/30 16:59, Charles Muller wrote:

> In any case, things that are not right in ISO 10646 can be corrected by
> communication with the local national body.

I should add: this is really possible. In the early days it was almost
impossible for small groups or individuals to have any input on this
enormous process. But now that the coverage is so huge, and the amount
of new characters being added at every meeting is subsiding, more
attention is being paid to the resolution of contradictions and
inconsistencies. Also, proposals to add new ideographs are accepted
(through the help and approval of the committees of national bodies)
from relatively minor groups. For instance, a proposal put forth by a
Shingon temple in San Jose to add some new Siddham characters to ISO is
now being given serious consideration through the USA IRG team.

Hence, Korea-specific or Japan-specific issues can be raised directly to
national body team members (most of whom are just university faculty
members, like the rest of us, doing committee work in their spare
time!). If anyone would like contact addresses, I am pretty sure I can
get them for you.

Regards,

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller

Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
Faculty of Letters
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-8654, Japan