[KS] The global diaspora of Koryo Saram after the collapse of the Soviet Union

Barbara Wall nabibabi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:40:06 EST 2020

Dear All,

Thanks to Zhanna Son (Higher School of Economics, Moscow) and Vladimir
Tikhonov (University of Oslo) we can finally present the first discussion
of our mini-series:

*소련 해체 이후의 글로벌 디아스포라 고려인The global diaspora of Koryo Saram after the
collapse of the Soviet Union.*

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDneczeYiI

It's the first experiment of this series, but I hope you can enjoy!

More discussions will follow

Second discussion (Dec):
Minorities in Korean film with Hye Seung Chung & David Scott Diffrient
(both Colorado State University)

Third discussion (Jan):
The Sewŏl Disaster and its political consequences with Liora Sarfati (Tel
Aviv University) & Nan Kim (University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee)

The discussions are based on recent research. We always have at least 2
discussants. Subtitles in both Korean and English are provided. The
discussion is cut to 15 min.

The discussions are a team project. For this first video, Sarah Grossi (IT
University Copenhagen) served as editor, Celine Hoier (Korean Studies,
Copenhagen) did the transcription and translation, Barbara Wall
(Copenhagen) served as moderator and we also have music by Halym Kim
(Rhythmic Music Conservatory in Copenhagen). It was much work, but also
much fun! 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDneczeYiI
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDneczeYiI&fbclid=IwAR221AdM3CaEZV9J_i3_9H2CKdm2K6SkOERkZ7XAXXXiEVOgv11rejPBBv4>
Best,
Barbara

*Barbara Wall *
Assistant Professor Korean Studies

Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
University of Copenhagen
Karen Blixens Plads 8
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
DENMARK