Converting Korean ezPDF Files into Adobe PDF Format

Korea related or in general
Frank Hoffmann

Converting Korean ezPDF Files into Adobe PDF Format

Unread post by Frank Hoffmann »

Converting Korean ezPDF Files into Adobe PDF Format:

[updated: 05/12/2022] I see there now is a free "ezPDF Editor" (not 'reader') for personal use for Windows here: http://www.ezpdf.co.kr/main/downPage/downPage.jsp Just tried that but had some problems with it.
---
Maybe 5 to 10% of doctoral dissertations (and some other documents) at Korean university archive websites or platforms such as RISS (http://www.riss.kr) are in .ezPDF format instead of Adobe PDF. The Korean-made software format .ezPDF allows authors to implement various levels of protection via “Digital rights management” (DRM) technologies. Typically, academic works in this format can be read using the free ezPDF Reader (http://m.unidocs.com), can be printed, but cannot be converted to other formats, and very often the reading period of downloaded ezPDF files is limited to 30 days! Note that there is now a free Mac "ezPDF Reader" available at the Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ezpdf-r ... 45075?mt=8. If you need to consult/read an .ezPDF document for more than 30 days (not all files have that limitation though) and/or if you are a Mac user, there seems no “clean” way to convert these files into another format. But here is a work–around. Not a great solution, but in some cases you may want to go with it. Be warned, for documents with several hundred pages this may easily take 20+ minutes per document. Also, the converted document is roughly 10 x the size of the original one, as text is being converted into images (as is usually done with older documents that are scanned in order to create PDFs).

HOW-TO:
Under Windows (if on a Mac, then e.g. under an install in ‘VirtualBox’), when you are at e.g. the RISS website or another site providing .ezPDF files, or after you have opened a downloaded .ezPDF file to your desktop and opened it with the ezPDF Reader application, go to PRINT in that application or Web module. Now, as a printer driver (see images below), choose “Send to OneNote 2010” or “2016.” (If you did not install Microsoft’s OneNote, you can get the desktop version of it for free at https://www.onenote.com/download — no license and no account login required!) Now SAVE (resp. PRINT) the open file from the ezPDF Reader or its Web module. When done, you will see that OneNote has automatically opened (it might be hiding behind your open ezPDF Reader window). Choose any “insert” location in there and afterwards go to “File” / “Save as” and choose the “Section” you chose earlier and click on the “PDF” format, then SAVE it. You can also save it in MS Word format, if you prefer, works just as well, and seems to be much faster.

In case you are aware of a more elegant way to do this, please reply here. Thanks.

Frank ::grin:
Attachments
ezPDF1.jpg
ezPDF1.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 88823 times
ezPDF2.jpg
ezPDF2.jpg (52.72 KiB) Viewed 88823 times
ezPDF4.jpg
ezPDF4.jpg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 88823 times
AlexAmazing

Re: Converting Korean ezPDF Files into Adobe PDF Format

Unread post by AlexAmazing »

Nice tutorial, appreciate it including pictures.
ParkerLemke

Unread post by ParkerLemke »

Well-written guide; the inclusion of visuals is really appreciated. drift boss
Jackson

Unread post by Jackson »

Open Acrobat and choose “Tools” > “Create PDF”. Select the file type you want to create a PDF from: single file, multiple files, scan, or other option. Click “Create” or “Next” depending on the file type. Follow the prompts to convert to PDF and save to your desired location. Dejavoo Systems
Jayson

Unread post by Jayson »

Right-click the PDF, choose Open With > Choose default program or another app in. 2. Choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Adobe Acrobat DC in the list of programs, and then do one of the following: (Windows 10) Select Always use this app to open . concrete base gravel
charlene

Unread post by charlene »

This is very useful to students.

All the best!
Charlene
maryko

Unread post by maryko »

But here is a work–around. Not a great solution, but in some cases you may want to go with it. Be warned, for documents with several hundred pages this may easily take 20+ minutes per document.home renovation contractors near me
asanako111

Unread post by asanako111 »

To convert a Korean ezPDF file into an Adobe PDF format, you can use a file conversion software or an online conversion service.gold jewelry for sale online
anthonyscotte23

Unread post by anthonyscotte23 »

I already save it on my bookmarks. Thanks! tree surgeon Coventry
jennyflor

Unread post by jennyflor »

Is it applicable to any Windows version? I am using Windows 11 and there's an error when I tried to follow these steps. towing service Greenville
Timothy Suffolk

Request USDOT Operating Authority Letter

Unread post by Timothy Suffolk »

A top and show of the man is planned for the citizens. The skills of the Request USDOT Operating Authority Letter are assumed for the field. The team is working very well for the pretty goals. THz change is done for the incentive based element for the goals for the field.
rickluck90

Unread post by rickluck90 »

I am very thank full the owner of this website. Because of this blog is very informative for me. Rick from Commercial cleaning
flock8

Unread post by flock8 »

Thanks for posting this. The pictures were very helpful and I was able to get my project done. Thanks again! Tim from http://www.uvjunk.com
caliweb

Unread post by caliweb »

Great discussion, love the idea about using text matching programming. saskatooncleaning.com/
josh09

Unread post by josh09 »

You can also save it in MS Word format, if you prefer, works just as well, and seems to be much faster. https://www.gladiatorguttersmn.com/gutter-screens-and-gutter-guards-near-elko-new-market-mn
maryko

Unread post by maryko »

Thanks for the tutorial... drywall texturing
stulceaseless

Unread post by stulceaseless »

I really want to learn about this. Thanks for giving me an idea of how to start. www.orlando360photoboothrental.com
bryanhammond

Unread post by bryanhammond »

I wasn't aware that it would be possible to convert this kind of file. Thanks for sharing this info. mobile alabama foundation repair
Fred

Unread post by Fred »

Typically, the HTML file includes associations with other files that either appear on the web page or govern how it looks or works.

- best seo company philippines
lukedukes

Unread post by lukedukes »

Thank you for sharing your insights on the use of the .ezPDF format for academic documents and the limitations that come with it. It's interesting to learn about the Korean-made software format .ezPDF that allows authors to implement various levels of protection via DRM technologies. It's also good to know that academic works in this format can be read using the free ezPDF Reader and can be printed, but cannot be converted to other formats, and have a limited reading period of 30 days.

Your work-around for converting .ezPDF documents into other formats, particularly for Mac users, is certainly helpful. It's a useful tip to use the "Send to OneNote 2010" or "2016" printer driver to save or print the open file from the ezPDF Reader or its Web module. Then, save it in PDF or MS Word format through OneNote. Although this solution may not be perfect, it provides a way for users to access .ezPDF documents for longer than 30 days and in other formats.

On a separate note, if you are ever in need of palm desert california tree services, be sure to reach out to local professionals who can help you maintain the health and beauty of your trees. As for the topic of .ezPDF documents, your post offers valuable information and practical tips for individuals who need to work with these types of files. Thank you for sharing this information with your audience and inviting feedback on more elegant ways to convert these files.
g;encali

Unread post by g;encali »

Thank you for sharing your insights on the .ezPDF format and the work-around for converting these files into other formats. As you pointed out, it can be challenging to work with these types of files, particularly for Mac users. Your solution to use Microsoft's OneNote is helpful, and I appreciate your willingness to share this tip with your audience.

Speaking of tips, if you are ever in need of a san francisco structural engineering firm, it's essential to work with experienced professionals who can help you design and implement structural solutions that meet your specific needs. With their expertise, they can ensure that your building or structure is safe and secure for all who use it.

In summary, your post provides valuable information for those who need to work with .ezPDF documents, and your work-around is certainly helpful. In addition, it's important to remember the importance of working with local professionals for specialized services such as Denver structural engineering. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this topic.
katelourd

Unread post by katelourd »

This will be added to my new list of resources! emergency plumbing auckland
jansen

Unread post by jansen »

Thank you for sharing this. Great help for my students. foundation repair near me
joelie125

Unread post by joelie125 »

If you encounter a doctoral dissertation or academic document in the .ezPDF format while browsing Korean university archive websites like RISS, you might face limitations regarding file conversion and reading period. However, finding a solution can be challenging if you require extended access or are a Mac user. One workaround is to consider a case study to buy, even though it may not be ideal. Remember that this method may be time-consuming, with the conversion process taking over 20 minutes per document and resulting in significantly larger file sizes.
ampva301

Unread post by ampva301 »

Thank you for sharing the workaround with Jacksonville for converting Korean ezPDF files into Adobe PDF format. While it may not be the most ideal solution, it can be useful for those who need to access and retain ezPDF documents for longer periods or for Mac users.
hussy1122

Unread post by hussy1122 »

If you're seeking a gaming platform that offers both entertainment and rewards, smartgamesapp.io is a hidden gem you must explore. The games are engaging and diverse, ensuring there's never a dull moment. But the most exciting part is the chance to win cash prizes and free tokens, making it an unforgettable gaming experience. So, join the https://smartgamesapp.io/ community today and unleash the gamer within you while reaping the incredible rewards!
dotyhughes117

Unread post by dotyhughes117 »

I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

therapist near me
rubewrenn269

Unread post by rubewrenn269 »

I tend to agree with that.

sydney boring water