[KS] Korean Studies

G. Cameron Hurst gchurst at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 19 14:43:02 EDT 1998

Colleagues:

	I am pleased to make the following announcement of an opening in
Korean Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, and I trust you will
consider it well yourselves and circulate amongst other appropriately
qualified persons.

	Thank you.

	Cappy Hurst
	Director,
	Center for East Asian Studies

POSITION IN KOREAN STUDIES

	The School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania is
seeking to hire a junior or senior professor for the Korea Foundation
Professorship.  Applications are invited from candidates in any discipline
in the humanities and social sciences.  Candidates must have Korea as the
main focus of their academic research, and must have sufficient reading and
speaking skills in the Korean language to conduct research in primary
sources.  A successful candidate will be expected to devote his or her
teaching and research activities entirely to subjects related to Korean
Studies, and to participate in the development of Korean Studies at the
University.  To apply, send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by November
15, 1998 to the Korean Studies Search Committee, Office of the Dean of the
School of Arts and Science, 116 College Hall , Philadelphia, PA 19104-6377.
 The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer.