[KS] Comments about Korea Foundation, Choson Annals

Sung-jin Yang sungjin98 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:23:04 EST 1998

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I work as a staff reporter for The Korea Times, an English-language
daily in Seoul.

I have two items that might interest some of you (hopefully).

First, I am going to write a feature story about the Korea Foundation, a
state-funded organization designed to help Korean studies and related
researches and activities, both in Korea and abroad.

Any comments about the foundation, its past, present and future
activities, are welcome, and I hope that some of them could be used as
background information for the article, which will be put up in New
Year's Day special edition of The Korea Times. Since the foundation's
raison d'etre is tightly related to Korean studies, your suggestions and
ideas about the organ will balance the article.

Second, your suggestions and advice are needed for The Korea Times
weekly series, ``Click into the Hermit Kingdom,'' which
puts up an installment every Tuesday on the Culture page.

It is dedicated to providing insight on Korean traditions and history
through articles selected from the CD-ROM version of ``The Annals of the
Choson Dynasty,'' developed by the Seoul Systems Co., an info-tech
venture firm in Korea. Any suggestion for future topics as well as
feedback on past articles are welcome.

Sincerely,

Yang Sung-jin

E-mail: ktchoson at hotmail.com