[KS] Re: reference

Charles Rd K Armstrong cra10 at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 22 09:07:59 EDT 1999

Dear Kirsten Bell,

The author is Namhee Lee, a Ph.D. candidate in Korean history at the
University of Chicago. The volume, _Chicago Occasional Papers on Korea_
is a collection of graduate student papers edited by Bruce Cumings. Namhee
also has a chapter on a similar topic in a volume I'm editing on Civil
Society in South Korea, which should be out next year.

						Charles Armstrong
						Columbia University