[KS] VIRUS ALERT - OPEN NO ATTACHMENTS FROM BRUCE GRANT TODAY

Bruce Grant korealet at xmission.com
Mon Jun 14 15:18:41 EDT 1999

Dear Folks,

I regret to inform you that I may have passed on to you unknowingly a
pernicious computer virus.

I'm sending this to everybody in my address book, including several I
do not know.  I was infected this morning by a virus that came from my
office as an attachment.  I have just been informed that this virus
will go through my address book and send to everyone therein an email
with a real-looking e-mail message from me, although we believe this
has not yet happened.

The attached file that is really the virus is "zipped_files.exe".  DO
NOT TRY TO OPEN THIS. I LOST PERMANENTLY THE CONTENT OF ALL DATA FILES
CREATED IN MICROSOFT OFFICE 97 -- INCLUDING
THOSE ON MY BACKUP, ZIP DRIVE.

Bruce Grant

PS:  Below is the text of the infected message I received, so you can
see the format.

Hi Bruce !
I received your email and I shall send you a reply ASAP.
Till then, take a look at the attached zipped docs.
Sincerely
Kaliher,.
 <<zipped_files.exe>>