[KS] Looking for panelists for AAS--Korean literature, historical fiction

Martin Holman mholman at julian.uwo.ca
Mon Jun 21 16:18:53 EDT 1999

For the last couple of months I have been hoping someone would float a panel
proposal for AAS next year in San Diego, but since nothing
caught my eye, I thought I would try--at this rather late date--to see if
there might be enough response on the list in a topic of my interest to
generate a panel proposal.

In very broad terms, I would like to propose a panel on historical fiction
by modern Japanese and Korean writers. The specifics on the focus or angle
of the panel
would depend largely on the responses I get to this post and the
possibilities of shaping them into something coherent and cohesive. If you
would be interested in proposing a paper on historical fiction in modern
Korea for a Japan-Korea panel,
please let me know as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Marty Holman

***********************
J. Martin Holman
International and Comparative Studies
Huron College, University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario N6G 1H3 CANADA
Tel. (519) 438-7224  ext. 333   Fax: (519) 438-3938
e-mail: mholman at julian.uwo.ca

Japanese Studies at Huron College, UWO
http://instruct.uwo.ca/japanese/ics-hc/
After July 31: