[KS] Re: KASCON

Linda Goddard goddard_linda at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 21:50:21 EST 1999

Dear Sungdai Cho:

I am a doctoral student in Cross Cultural Literary Studies. At present
(until June)I'm living in Taejon, South Korea teaching at Hannam
University, doing research, and learning Korean Language as part of my
studies. Han is one of my major areas of interest and it's important to
my work. Can you send me some information on Han that comes from the
Korean American Students Conference XIII?  Perhaps papers presented on
this topic, books, etc. Also, I want to find out if there's a body of
literature--journals and poetry-- by Korean women who emigrated to the
U.S. during the late 1800's and early 1900's, that is, writing that
might have grown out of the experience of emigration during that period.
If you know where I might get this information, and will send it to me,
I'd be appreciative.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Linda M. Goddard
Hannam University
133 Ojung-dong
Taejon, South Korea 306-791
Phones: home    8242-621-4285
        office  8242-629-7335
Email: goddard_linda at hotmail.com

>From: Sungdai Cho <sundy at leland.stanford.edu>
>To: korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk
>Subject: KASCON
>Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:44:54 -0800
>

>Korean American Students Conference (KASCON) XIII, will be co-hosted by
>Stanford University and University of California, Berkeley from March
>28, 1999.  This year's thems is HAN (resentment or hatred in Chinese
>character).  One of student writers is writing an article about the
topic
>along this line.  Please let me know the source or reference of this
HAN.