[KS] Signs & Symbols

S Song ssong at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 13:18:53 EDT 1999

--------------07BF099F5C9EE7E72813C4C6

To the Korean Studies List,

Four innocous letters spell out H-E-L-P.

I am in the process of acquring information regarding "five blessings,"
otherwise known as "5 Bok."  More specifically, the scope of my interest
lies with the specific iconographic symbols (images) relating to each of
the "5-Bok" signs.  If I may give an example, one of the "5-Bok" signs,
"Soo" (Longevity) is typically depicted with the images of crane,
turtle, or pine tree, among others.  During my research, I've found
plenty of sources for all of the "5 Bok" signs, except for "Gang Nyung"
(Health):

Would anyone have any information regarding specific icon/symbols for
"Gang Nyung?"

Thank you in advance for your help.

S. Ian Song
ssong at earthlink.net

--------------07BF099F5C9EE7E72813C4C6

<HTML>
To the Korean Studies List,

<P>Four innocous letters spell out H-E-L-P.

<P>I am in the process of acquring information regarding "five blessings,"
otherwise known as "5 Bok."  More specifically, the scope of my interest
lies with the specific iconographic symbols (images) relating to each of
the "5-Bok" signs.  If I may give an example, one of the "5-Bok" signs,
"Soo" (Longevity) is typically depicted with the images of crane, turtle,
or pine tree, among others.  During my research, I've found plenty
of sources for all of the "5 Bok" signs, <I>except</I> for "Gang Nyung"
(Health):

<P>Would anyone have any information regarding specific icon/symbols for
"Gang Nyung?"

<P>Thank you in advance for your help.

<P>S. Ian Song
<BR>ssong at earthlink.net