[KS] re: Catholicism and Christianity

David McCann dmccann at fas.harvard.edu
Mon May 3 21:00:51 EDT 1999

This list and the queries, on so many subjects, and from so many different
parts of the world, make me appreciate how things have changed since the
days when folks grabbed a notion and went into the nearest "Korea
collection."  The Korea collection seems to be out there somewhere on the
Web.  I mention this because I have sometimes thought, Why doesn't that
person just go into a library and look it up???   Rather a
"centers-of-learning" notion of how things worked.  Does anyone else
remember trying to find information about "Korea" in the newspapers and
journals a decade or so ago?  (Speaking of centers of learning..)  Much
about the ROK, little about the DPRK.  Or on topics that had not been
vetted by the system?  For anyone interested in democratization, look at
this!  Korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk!!!!

David McCann