[KS] RE: Re: Amerasian children

Carl Webb carlwebb at asiafind.com
Tue May 4 00:34:59 EDT 1999

I know of a special immigration policy for children who are half american.  But it only applies to those born before 1982.  I would like to adopt a child that was born during my tour of duty in Korea.  But I wasn't there until 1984.  I've explored the traditional methods of adoption, but I'm single and poor.  So this really limits my options.  It's possible I could have fathered a child while I was there.  Any kind of information about the status of amerasians would be good to have.  Because there's almost nothing written about the subject.

> Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 10:06:21 -0700
> To: korean-studies at mailbase.ac.uk
> From: kahs at arkay-intl.com
>
> Carl,
>
> It depends on what you're looking for, but you might want to try contacting
> some of the adoptee/adoptive organizations around, such as KAAN, AKA, and
> the like, as well as Korean Quarterly (see our site for links).
>
> We would be interested in hearing more about the research you're thinking
> of, as it is a topic of interest to us, and I am unaware of much research on
> it.
>
> Matthew Benuska, KAHS
> http://www.kahs.org/
>
> > I was a US soldier in Korea 15 years ago.  I try to do some research about
> > the children of US military men and Korean women.  I plan to adopt a child
> > some day.  I would appreciate any help you can give.
> >
> > Carl Webb
> >
> > http://members.spree.com/trotsky68

Carl Webb

www.communityconnect.com