[KS] Re: HELP -- advice

Andrei Lankov Andrei.Lankov at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 22 06:40:53 EST 1999

At 11:14 PM 11/22/99 +0900, you wrote:
>Probably it did, I received the same message and if there are more people
>on this list, that it is almost sure.
>
>At 10:36 PM 11/22/99 , you wrote:
>>I received this message on my server.  I wonder if it came over the Korea
>>list?  Did other members of the list receive the same message?  Does
>>anyone know its source, or degree of legitimacy?  (I'm not questioning
>>whether or not there are desperate people in Russia today.  Rather, I'm
>>wondering if the senders of this message do in fact legitimately represent
>>desperate people in Russia).
>>
>>Liz Ten Dyke
>>Kingston, NY
>
>-----------------------------
>Henny  (Lee Hae Kang)
>
>Feel free to visit
>http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl
>and feel the thrill of Hamel discovering Korea (1653-1666)

Dear list members,

Perhaps, I shall sound a bit  cynical, but, after all, I am a Russian
myself. I would not advice anybody to react to this message. Indeed, Russia
under the present  'democratic' clique is not a nice place to live, if you
do not belong to the lucky few (alas, rivalling cligues are hardly better)
Living standards are much lower than used to be under the Communists, and
keep going down. However, modern Russia now is not only place of poverty,
but also a kingdom of fraud! I hate to say so, but, alas, this is a
matter-of-fact-statement. In Russia, really desperate people do not have
access to the computers, let alone ability to sneak their message into our
mail list. I believe it requires a rather high level of technical
sofistication. Hence, dear colleagues, we can be 99,99999999% that this is
just another fraud, and I would feel sorry if anybody will spend even a
fraction of his/her hard earned money on these people.

Regards

Andrei Lankov

China and Korea Centre
Faculty of Asian Studies