[KS] Re: Using han'gul fonts

Joshua Margolis jmargoli at nimbus.ocis.temple.edu
Tue Nov 16 23:23:35 EST 1999

I beg to differ. The Global IMEs work just fine with Word 2000. Indeed, many
of the underlying components in the programs you mentioned are the same. I
don't think it's appropriate for you to make such a blanket statement about
the functionality of the product based upon your own limited experience. As
I am sure everyone would agree, computers are rather complicated and it's
not so easy to say what the source of the particular problems you
experienced are. The kinds of problems you described are not the type that
would be caused by something like a Global IME, which is esentially just an
ActiveX control. It's more likely that the real source lies elsewhere --
maybe a bug in Word or Windows!

Josh