[KS] question

David C. Kang David.C.Kang at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Oct 22 22:41:51 EDT 1999

Hi MIke:

How are things in America's heartland?  I liked your comment about that book of KOrean values, by the way.

Once again I'm coming to you for advices about academia.  I noticed that AAS needs new members for the executive committee, and I also noticed that Charles Armstrong was elected.  I had thought that only tenured people got put on these posts, so am I miss
ing something?  Did Charles already get tenure?

ANyway, my question is about the executive committee.  WHat does it do?  How much time does it take?  And did you enjoy serving on it?
I had often thought that "in the future" I'd like to serve on some of these committees and help be a part of the academic community.

If you have any insights about this type of thing, I'd sure appreciate it.

Take care,

Dave