[KS] Korean Literature Position

Robert C. Provine r.c.provine at durham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 30 05:51:36 EDT 1999

Dear List:

I'm posting this job announcement at the request of the Department at
Berkeley; please DO NOT send any replies about it to the whole list, or
to me (I know no more than what you see below).  Use the email address
given at the bottom.

Rob Provine

Korean Literature Position

KOREAN LITERATURE. The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
of the University of California, Berkeley, invites applications for a
tenured (Professor or Associate Professor) or tenure-track position
(Assistant Professor) in any period and research specialty. Candidates
should demonstrate an excellent command of Korean, a deep knowledge of
the history, thought and literature of the period of specialization, and
a strong commitment to teaching both undergraduate and graduate
students. This appointment, which begins July 2000, can be made at
either the junior or the senior level depending on qualifications and
experience. Letters of application outlining teaching and research
interests, together with curriculum vitae, names of three references, or
dossier for junior candidates, and other relevant materials should be
sent to:

Korea Search Committee
East Asian Languages and Cultures
104 Durant Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-2230

postmarked by December 31, 1999. The University of California is an
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer.

María del Carmen Torralba, Manager
Department of East Asian Languages & Cultures
University of California Berkeley
104 Durant Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720-2230
Tel. (510) 642-3485