[KS] RE: Korea Book Reviews in JAS

kimrenau kimrenau at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Sat Apr 22 02:04:08 EDT 2000

Dear Jim et al,

I should like to let you know that I have not yet inherited any of the books
that might have been submitted to the JAS, and given the budget situation, I
doubt I will even in the future.  I will post periodically a list of books
received for review, including those from the JAS secretariat or from the
former Korea Book Review Editor.  However, the choice of books for review and
their reviewers will be my call.  Please understand, submission of books does
not automatically result in publication of their reviews.  Because of limited
budget and manpower, unreviewed books cannot be returned.

As a principle, I will try to limit the book reviews to recent publications.
However, exceptions can be made under certain circumstances.  In some unlikely
cases where a review that was asked for a long time ago comes in after I ask
another person to review the same book, we will publish both reviews--but only
for a brief period.  From the beginning of next year, we will give priority to
the most recent publications.

Any book reaching me before the end of May will receive my prompt attention.
I will be out of town in June and July.  Books arriving in those two months
will have to wait until the beginning of next academic year.

I should like to take advantage of this occasion to thank those of you who
have volunteered to write reviews for the JAS.  I am eagerly waiting for the
books to arrive.  Authors, please contact your publishers.

Cordially,

Young-Key Kim-Renaud
JAS Korea Book Review Editor