[KS] Re: North-South Standard Dialects, Regionalism

Dr. John Caruso Jr. carusoj at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 10:43:37 EDT 2000

    REPLY sends your message to the whole list. __________________________________________________
Oh yes,  a number of Koreans discriminate against provincial accents.  How
fortunate their "divide et impera," policies are so transparent.  What are
the ultimate results of linguistic regionalism in Korea?

Perhaps one should compare irrational Korean linguistic bias to the rational
extermination of races, religions and ethnic groups in the Western models of
technology and democracy that are regularly referenced as political
paradigms.

How many doses of Western materialism will it take to make the Koreans as
ruthless as the European Nazis or as vicious as America's 300 year romance
with slavery and segregation?

Seoul riot police recruited from the countryside -  worse than all white US
National Guard units for 100 years in the former states of the Confederacy?

Let's  join together and bring our Western appreciation for diversity to
South Korea so they can be liberated.

John