[KS] Re: Romanization Chart

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 14 17:40:42 EDT 2000

    REPLY sends your message to the whole list. __________________________________________________

>I like John Harvey's suggestion of turning the breve upside down in
>order to use what Microsoft has deemed a more useful diacritic; it
>would have better to work to make that standard rather than replace
>it with eo.

"Microsoft Word 2000" (on IBM compatible PCs) already inculdes the o,
u, O and U with the brèves on top. It's only a matter of time that
Mac (or the Mac version of the Microsoft program) will come out with
a similar version, and that this will be available in system fonts.
Maybe within one year it's all there.
Frank Hoffmann * 314 Wilde Ave. * San Francisco, CA 94134 * USA
E-MAIL: hoffmann at fas.harvard.edu  *  Fax: (520) 438-4890
W W W : http://www.iic.edu/hoffmann/