[KS] please plan to attend a korean art panel at AAS

Junghee Lee junghee at nh1.nh.pdx.edu
Tue Feb 8 01:28:47 EST 2000

Dear list members:

I just learned that when we are presenting a Korean art panel
entitled, "The Gaze in Chinese and Korean Figurative Representations:
New Interpretations," (#157). there is another Japanese art panel at the same
time.  I started to worry.
I am inviting two art history professors from Korea, to
present papers on the works of two celebrated painters of the 18th
century, one on the Self-portrait of Yun Tu-sO by Professor Hongnam
Kim, and another on the romantic genre paintings of Sin Yun-bok,
by Professor Sehyang Chung.   I appreciate if you plan
to attend our panel.  The hours are Saturday 2:45-4:45 p.m., March
11th.  Please fly to San Diego to listen to these presentations.
Good attendance is essential for future development of Korean
studies panels at AAS.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,

Junghee Lee