[KS] Re: Han'gul romanization

sangoak sangoak at snu.ac.kr
Thu Jan 20 21:33:58 EST 2000

We, Korean students, have learned that Arabic traders first contacted Korean during
the KoryO
dynasty. (They might assign either 'k' or 'g' to the KoryO people and dynasty since
there are both k and g in Arabic. Someone who knows this contact in detail may add
more comments.) Later European mariners such as the Dutch and Portugese during the
ChosOn dynasty might also use either G (according to Hauguenauer's article) or K
(graphically C, too), I think.