[KS] RE: First E-Mail

SJF or Dr BAZ zulauf at erols.com
Mon Jan 17 14:08:16 EST 2000

Thank you, I did not know the builders, other than it was done for the
Japanese occupation.  The Bando was build semi-fortified, with a
semi-surrounding moat. Steel shuttered and gated entryways, steel shuttered
strong points at all access from the first floor, and heavier than normal
construction throughout.  The building even took direct hits from heavy
aviation during the war and survived with what is called "moderate" damage.
 Most of the building was still serviceable, but the U.S. officials chose
to move when presented with a chance at a modernized facility nearby.

Barry Zulauf