[KS] First E-Mail

SJF or Dr BAZ zulauf at erols.com
Fri Jan 14 05:59:25 EST 2000

Hello. This is my first E-Mail to Mailbase.

I am working on an article for publication on the subject of the role of
the U.S. Marine Security Detachment in the evacuation of civilians from
U.W. Embassy, Seoul during the first three days of the Korean Conflict.
 The Embassy was housed in the Banto [Peninsula] Hotel.  I have been trying
without luck to find a contemporary photo of the Hotel, built by the
Japanese during their occupation. I am also seeking a 1950 vintage street
map of Seoul.  I will trade a pre-publication copy of my article for help
with these two items.

Barry Zulauf, Ph.D.
Joint Military Intelligence College
Washington, D.C.