[KS] Re: Cats next?!

Jason Parker parker.294 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:35:29 EDT 2000

I agree that there is a contradiction. I am not aware of the reasons
mentioned insofar as tenderizing the meat is considered. I am only aware of
the taste that is derived from the release of adrenaline in the meat. It is
counterintuitive that meat could be made tender through a process that
creates such stress upon an animal (when I get a tension headache, my neck
is anything but tender). Ms. Dyke makes a very valid point in her
mentioning of cultural relativism and how people "make sense" of their world.

Jason Parker
OSU, Anthropology