[KS] Kim Duk So on MBC

Kevin P. Parks Adv97 Kevin.P.Parks.Adv97 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Wed Jul 5 05:06:02 EDT 2000

Hi.  Sorry if this seems to trite for the list but i saw a
bit of Kim Duk Soo on MBC last night. It was a program
called fusion concert i think. I only saw the tail end of
it and due to bad reception saw only part of the picture.
Just before the last piece called Oriental Express (ugh!)
was a really wonderful court music piece, which might have
been called Myong-sa (meditation), i am not sure. Anyway
most of the show was typical non-fused fusion, like he
often does -- dated 80's style jazz-rock fusion with
poongmulpae. I like Kim Duk-soo, but don't care (to put it
mildly) for the fusion stuff. But this piece was lovely as
could be and was full of all those sweet sliding tones and
pretty nong-hyun. Anyone know more about this piece? From
what part of the rep. does it come from, etc. I missed the
introduction as i was fumbling with the antenna. It started
with a taegum solo and then was joined by a singer and
dancer and eventiually heagum, etc. It seems like a
straight ahead chong-ak.

Anyone?

Many thanks.

-kevin parks