[KS] Re: Korean Pop Music

Carlon Haas king_of_seoul at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 22:31:34 EDT 2000

Charles,

THose crafty nationalists always find a way to beat
that big bad drum of theirs.  The reason you don't
hear it is because they have have to make noise.  Even
thought there is a "lift" of the ban on Japanese pop
culture, Japanese pop artists can't release any CDs in
Korea if they are in teh Japanese language.  How many
Japanese artists do you think use a language other
than Japanese?  I feel the ban is still very much on
in this regard.  No Japanese artists will affect
record sells at all in Korea.  I don'tthink this will
prevent me from buying my favorite X-Japan record from
the illegal tape guy on the street though.

Carlon Haas