[KS] Re: Korean Pop Music

Carlon Haas king_of_seoul at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 09:08:08 EDT 2000

If anyone is interested in downloading Korean Pop
music, I suggest going to www.soribada.com.  It's the
Korean version of Napster and they have most of the
songs you might want, including old pop songs,
traditional music, and turot.

I understand what you mean about the Korean Pop
music's unoriginality.  But from what I noticed, the
pop music industry is more a teenager-driven industry
now, and therefore more hip-hop/dance music is being
put out.  Also, many major Korean pop singers are
Korean-Americans and of course they are influenced by
American music culture and simply put Korean words to
it.  I think there should be a study of the teenage
music phenomenon.  It's interesting to see how teenage
stars are becoming the norm in modern Korean pop music
culture.

Carlon Haas