[KS] Tentative Translation Job

Rupert Atkinson rupert at www.cuk.ac.kr
Fri Jul 21 08:45:50 EDT 2000

I am persistently being requested to do a rather large translation for
which I have no time.  The job is to translate about 800 pages of Korean
to English - by this coming December (not flexible).  The material is
quite difficult, but very interesting, consisting of a collection of
unique Korean stories and traditions.  The purpose is to make a CD
Encyclopaedia on Korea.  Since I have refused, they have been looking
for others to do the job.  They test them with samples, send them to me,
and thus far, none of them have been any good at all.  All it demands is
decent, standard written English.  Judging by what I have seen so far,
it would probably have to be a native English speaker (but not 100% - if
you can do it that's fine).

Additional info:
You need a computer that reads Korean (hangul / word)
Once you accept the job, you deal with them, not myself.

Anyone interested?  Respond privately please.

Rupert Atkinson
South Korea