[KS] Re: Still Invaded Economically and Culturally

Onno Veer osveer at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 29 08:39:08 EDT 2000

I acknowledge that in the world we live in today it is virtually impossible
for any country to act completely independently. The smaller countries
especially need to look very carefully at what the bigger states are doing.
That Korea's direct neighbours are so  much larger and powerful doesn't make
things easier. But increasing linkages over the world make geographical
position less important. Globalisation and regionalisation give Korea,
whether reunited or not, a bigger role in global politics. Korean companies
have very extensive links throughout the world.
Korea is still the 11th (or 12th) economy in the world, a rather big shrimp
to swallow, even for whales.